Last Updated on
When looking for affordable Laptop and Notebook computers, then Apple PCs should be the least in your scale of preference. Apple range desktop and laptop computers are some of the priciest devices you can find online. In fact, most people see Apple products as devices for the wealthy and affluent. They are generally considered as high-end devices by most people. Notwithstanding, there are still people with limited budgets who go for these fancy Apple devices because of the quality and functionality they possess.
The MacBook brand of notebook computers, produced by Apple Inc, are some of the very best you can find online. This laptop brand’s production started in 2006 and had grown since then to become a household name. Despite the lull in production a few years ago, the company managed to weather the storm, making it a very popular brand among students and businessmen. If you are looking for affordable Macbook models, then you should be looking at products produced earlier than 2015. These products are still top quality only that they have lost a bit of market value due to the effusion of time. Having said that, these are 6 affordable MacBook Laptop and Notebook brands to purchase this year.
1. MacBook Pro 15 Inch Laptop with Retina Display (MGXC2LL)
The Apple Macbook Pro 15 inch Laptop with Retina Display is one of the top rated laptop brands you can find online and at tech malls. This Laptop is the definition of innovation, precision, and technology, as it supports some of the best technologies making the rounds in the global digital industry. This innovative computer comes with an ultraportable, thin design that makes it easy to carry when going on trips. You can work virtually round the clock when using the MacBook Pro 15 inch Laptop because it features an integrated lithium polymer battery as well as advanced power management functionality.
The Macbook Pro 15 inch Laptop (MGXC2LL) features a 15.4-inch IPS Retina display with a resolution put at 2800 X 1800 pixels, and its pixel count is well over 5million. The Pixel per Inch, which stands at 227 ppi, is pretty impressive going by industry standards. This MacBook Pro, 15-inch Laptop, is powered by a 2.5 GHz dual-core 4th i7 processor and is based on Haswell technology. Haswell technology based processors help to improve performance and battery life because of their low voltage usage.
Basic Features and Specs of the MacBook Pro 15 inch Laptop (MGXC2LL)
- Display: 15-inch IPS Retina Display with 2800 X 1800 resolution
- Platform: 2.5GHz dual-core i7 processor (upgradable to 3.7GHz using Turbo Boost), OS X Yosemite
- Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M and Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- Storage: 512 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM
- Connectivity: 2 Thunderbolt port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, Bluetooth 4.0
- Networks: 802.11 AC Wi-Fi and a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Battery Life: 9hrs of continuous use
2. Apple MacBook Air 2013 (MD760LL/B) Laptop
The Apple MacBook Air 2013 (MD760LL) is a top rated laptop brand, designed for business executives, professionals, musicians and students alike. It’s packed with lots of high-end features some of which include state-of-the-art utility software, ultrafast storage, impressive battery life and fourth generation Intel Core processors. The best selling point of the Apple MacBook Air 2013 (MD760LL) is its ultra slim, light-weight design, which is small enough to fit into a folder. The Apple MacBook Air 2013 is powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor (which can be increased to 2.7 GHz using Turbo Boost) as well as the OS X Maverick, one of the worlds’ most respected and advanced operating systems.
This Laptop also comes with a 4 GB RAM as well as a 128GB flash memory storage, which allows you to run efficiently and store lots of software and media files without slowing the system down. Battery life is quite impressive, as the Apple MacBook Air 2013 (MD760LL) is capable of operating virtually a whole day without the need to recharge.
Essential Features and Specs of the Apple MacBook Air 2013 (MD760LL)
- Display: 3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with millions of color support
- Platform: OS X Mavericks, 1.4GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor
- Storage: 128GB flash memory storage
- Battery life: up to 12hrs
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 internal graphics processor
- Connections: SDXC card slot, Two USB 3 ports, MagSafe 2 power port, 1 Thunderbolt port
3. MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13 Inch Laptop (MGX99LL/A)
If you are looking for one of the top Laptop brands online; think Apple, think MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro with Retina display 13-inch laptop (MGX92LL/A) is one of the most sophisticated Laptops produced by Apple Inc. It comes with 13.3 inches crisp Retina display, which is powered by Iris chipset, with 2560 X 1600 pixel resolution. The Pixel density is put 4million pixels, which makes it perfect for watching HD movies, Playing HD video games as well as editing digital photographs.
The MacBook Pro with Retina display 13 inch Laptop (MGX92LL/A) also comes with a 2.8GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, which is based on based on Haswell micro-architecture and can be increased to 3.3GHz using Turbo Boost. The MacBook Pro with Retina display 13 inch MGX92LL/A runs on the world’s most advanced OS, OS X Maverick, and come with an array of iCloud services. The MacBook Pro with Retina display 13-inch laptop also comes with an impressive 8GB DDR3 of RAM, which is needed to handle most graphic intensive software and games.
Essential Features of the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13 inches (MGX92LL/A)
- Display: 3-inch IPS Retina display with 2560 X 1600 resolution
- Platform: 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, OS X Maverick
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 of RAM
- Graphics: Intel Iris graphics
- Storage: 512 GB solid state drive
- Connections: Two Thunderbolt ports, USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery Life: Up to 9hrs of continuous operation
4. Apple MacBook Air 13.3 Inches Laptop (MD761LL/B)
The Apple MacBook Air 13.3 inches Laptop (MD761LL) comes with some of the most sophisticated features seen on high-end desktop computers in recent times. This top rated laptop brand is packed with great built-in apps, ultra fast storage, impressive battery and fourth-generation Intel Core processors and much more. The advantage Apple MacBook Air 13.3 ” laptop has over other competing brands is its design. It’s incredibly thin, durable and lightweight, which allows for easy carriage. The Apple MacBook Air 13.3 ” comes with a 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-processor, which allows for fast and slick processing of important data. It comes with a 4 GB RAM and a 256 flash memory storage. You can easily connect it to other peripheral devices, especially external displays.
The Apple MacBook Air 13.3 ” (MD761LL) is powered by one of the world’s most advanced operating system, which is the OS X Maverick, design to take your computing experience to a whole new level. Battery life is pretty impressive as the MacBook MD761LL is capable of delivering up to 12hrs of power, which means you can virtually work all day using the MacBook Air MD 761LL without needing to recharge your batteries.
Basic Features and Specs of the Apple MacBook Air 13.3 (MD761LL/B)
- Display: 3-inch (Diagonal) LED-backlit display with support for millions of colors
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
- Storage: 256 GB flash storage
- Processor: 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (upgradable to 2.7GHz with turbo boost)
- Connections: Two USB 3ports (up to 5 Gbps), One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), SDXC card slot, MagSafe 2 power port
- Memory: 4GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 memory (maximum put at 8G)
5. Apple MacBook Air (MD712LL/B) 11.6-Inch Laptop
The Apple MacBook Air 2013 MD712LL/B is certainly one of the top rated laptop brands in the market. At under an inch in size and a body weight of 2.38 pounds, the MacBook Air is unbelievably thin and light. The good thing about this ultra modern laptop is that it has no moving parts within it, which makes it durable, reliable, quiet and energy efficient. The Apple MacBook Air 2013 MD 712 can virtually stay on all day, because its flash is solid state, which creates room for important components and design upgrade, one of which is a bigger battery. Another impressive feature with the MacBook Air is its Keyboard.
The Keyboard is very spacious, and it is backlit, which means you can effectively use it in low-light conditions. The battery life is very impressive because it can stay up to 9 hrs at full charge and up to 8hrs when watching iTune movies. The 11.6-inch display is optimized for multi-touch, which is a prominent feature in most MacBook Air products. The multi-touch feature gives users the ability to interact with the Apple MacBook Air 2013 in a more realistic way than ever before.
Basic Features and Specs of the Apple MacBook Air 2013
- Display: 6” (diagonal) LED glossy widescreen
- Platform: i5 1.3GHz up to 2.6GHz with 3MB cache CPU, OS X Maverick
- Storage: 4GB DDR3 RAM/ 256 GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000
6. Apple Mac Air 13 (MD711LL/B) Laptop
The Apple Mac Air 13 (MD711LL) is one the best Laptop computers from the stables of Apple Inc and comes with a super fast 128GB solid state drive, long life battery, Haswell Intel Core i5 processor and an amazing HD 5000 graphics. As usual, the Apple Mac Air beats most competition out there with its amazing Ultra-thin, light-weight design that’s quite durable and rugged. The Apple Mac Air comes with a dual-core Intel i-5 processor, a 128 GB PCIe-based flash storage, 4GB of 1600 MHz SDRAM LPDDR3 and the OS X Mavericks Operating System.
The MacBook Air 4th Gen processor uses less energy to offer high performance and speed. The type of speed you’d get typically boils down to the amount of workload it’s handling. This product also features an 11.6 inch LED backlit glossy display with Intel’s HD 5000 graphics. The Apple Mac Air (MD711LL) also comes with an integrated 720p HD webcam, which is approximately three times better than the Facetime cameras featured on older models.
Basic Features and Specs of the Apple Mac Air (MD711LL)
- Display: 6 inches Backlit with support for millions of colors
- Graphics: Intel HD 5000 graphics with 512 MB of GDDR5
- Platform: Dual core Intel i-5 processor at 1.4 GHz (upgradeable to 2.7GHz using Turbo Boost
- Storage: 128GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Memory: 4GB of 1600MHz SDRAM LPDDR3 memory
- Battery life: Up to 9hrs
- Connections: 2 X USB 3.0 ports, onesuper fast and flexible Thunderbolt port, 802.11 AC wireless, Bluetooth 4.0
These are some of the coolest Macbook Laptop and Notebook brands to purchase if you are on a limited budget. These laptops and notebooks come with specs good enough to satisfy the average user and are perfect for college students as well as businessmen. If you are looking for products with more powerful processors, then you should consider Macbooks PCs produced later than 2014. Macbook brand of laptop and notebook computers are ultra sophisticated and rugged. These computers will continue to rule the PC market for a long time to come.